To manage a support team of Finance and Procurement Officers and to develop financial management systems consistent with relevant laws to support the day to day operation of the Board and the Secretariat.
- Ensuring timely and accurate preparation of the Board’s annual accounts.
- Developing and maintaining efficient transparent financial management and accounting systems.
- Setting up and managing banking arrangements for the Secretariat in line with Financial administration act, 2003.
- Developing clear internal financial management procedures for managing day-to day finances.
- Advising senior management on financial implications for Policies and change management.
- Responsible for procuring goods and non-technical service for the operation of the Secretariat
Responsible for human resource planning, recruitment, training and development of staff, reward and sanctions systems.
Specific Functions, duties and responsibilities.
- Responsible for formulating key Human Resource policies to guide the effective operations of the Authority;
- Design and implement Human Resource for achieving organizational objectives;
- Develops and implement staff performance appraisal system;
- Play a leading role in change management and ensure that the Authority’s management philosophy and vision are clearly articulated and understood and applied;
To harmonize the process of procurement in the public service to secure a judicious, economic, and efficient use of public funds to ensure that public procurement is carried out in a fair, transparent and non-discriminatory manner while promoting a competitive Local Industry.
Proposed Scope of Services:
The Zonal Offices, when established, are expected to carry out the following services to the Entities in their respective catchment areas:
- Monitor and Evaluate Performance of Public Procurement Entities at the local level:
- Assess Training Needs of Procurement Officers at the local level:
- Undertake Capacity Development of Public Entities at the local level through the implementation of Training Programmes:
- Disseminate Procurement Information at the local level;
- Establish good working relations with the local media:
- Perform Advisory Services for Entities at the local level with respect to Procurement procedures; and
- Perform any other roles as directed by the Chief Executive of the Authority through the Director Compliance, Monitoring and Evaluation
The function retains responsibility and accountability for planning and managing procurement and purchases for the organization in an efficient and cost-effective manner, working closely with Internal Audit.
- Ensures procurement planning and implementation.
- Supervises development of specifications and terms of reference.
- Ensures efficient management of contracts and supplier database.
- Anticipates Authority’s needs and requirements by keeping abreast of trends and development in both the public and private sectors.